My dear friend Jamie posted her answers to this Christmas quiz and I thought it was a great idea... so here it goes!!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate with a splash of egg nog! :)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them, of course!!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Both colored and white on/around the house and only colored on the tree (and not the LED colors either - the classic colors!)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the when we get back from the cabin after Thanksgiving.
6.What is your favorite holiday dish? I love Geoff's families Christmas Eve tradition of getting Fat's (the BEST Chinese food!!) take out and I love my mom's Broccoli Casserole.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My dad waking us up early in the morning to Christmas music... the rule was you couldn't go down until you heard the music - good thing he's an early riser!!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Hmm... I think I was 7 or 8? My older cousin told me he saw his dad building him a train track that "Santa" gave him... So I asked my mom and she had to tell me the truth. Luckily, we all kept the secret alive for my brother!!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We switch off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our families (one year we're at my parent's house on Christmas Day and Geoff's parent's house on Christmas Eve and the next year it's the opposite) so we always open presents on Christmas Eve. However, Geoff and I always exchange gifts on Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With a vintage colorful flare! We use both small and big colored lights (not the LED kind) and I include my Grandmother's bubble lights. Our ornaments are colored balls and our "special" ornaments that we've collected on various vacations. I also include glittery things sprouting from the tree. I love our tree!!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I'm pretty sure I would dread it if I had to deal with it everyday.
12. Can you ice skate? Hmmm... probably not well.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have a favorite from each year. But my favorite of all time was probably the hotel beautiful hotel room my parents got for me when I was in Paris for Christmas. It was so nice to be in a beautiful room instead of a hostel for Christmas!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The magical feeling.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My sister's Red Velvet Cake - YUMMY!!!!!!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Looking at Christmas Lights and driving through my parent's neighborhood every Christmas Eve to look at the luminaries....it's magical!
17. What tops your tree? My Grandmother's antique star... though it's not shaped like a star ...it's more a pointing bulb that lights up in the center.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Definitely giving.
19. Candy canes: Yuck or Yummy? Yuck
20. Favorite Christmas show? Oh there's too many!! The Grinch, Christmas Vacation, Charlie Brown Christmas, Prep and Landing...
21. Saddest Christmas song? There's a county song about Christmas Shoes and it's about a little boy wanting to buy a pair of nice shoes for his mom to go to heaven in....it's so sad and every time I hear it I have to change the station.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time.

0 comments:
Post a Comment