I feel as though I am still swimming in that cloudy shocked state of mind. I just received a call from my mom telling my that our childhood pup, Riley a.k.a Big Boy, had to be put down. This comes only a month (almost to the day) that I received a similar call from my mom telling me that my dad had to put our other childhood pup, Quincy, down. With Quin, I was prepared... I knew she wasn't feeling well - she just wasn't herself. With Riley I just didn't expect it, at least not so soon.
When I heard the news about Quin I was at home - today I am at work though I wish I wasn't because all I want to do is gather my pups close and hold on tight - just as I did that other sad day. To some it may seem silly to love an animal as much as a human - but not me. Our dogs are members of our family and I morn their loss as any other family member.
That night Geoff and I spoiled our boys rotten with love and treats. And tonight we will do the same.
My parents house will not be the same without these two loves...



0 comments:
Post a Comment