When I lived at Comstock with a house full of roommates (including Geoff and my brother) we hung lights on the house and topped it off with a tree on the roof. As in college, I made stockings for everyone but this time I sewed unique stocking shapes from discarded articles of each of their clothing. We had a beautiful tree lit with all bright blue lights, it was calming and beautiful.
Since Geoff and I have been on our own, I have decorated and created Christmas in all of our rented homes, filling them to the brim with Christmas spirit. And as the caring and loving husband he is, he allows me to go as crazy as I want. :)
This year marks our second Christmas in our home, proudly owned, and I love how our decorations look in our home. I love how our tree fills the entire house with a fresh pine scent. I love watching my grandma's bubble lights glow and bubble with love. I love the warmth of the fire in the front room. I love the Nutcracker Village I searched high and low for and finally found on ebay two years ago. I love watching my favorite Christmas shows on our huge TV. I love my growing nutcracker collection and the newest addition - an Elf from Santa's village. I love our Christmas light lamp that I created. I love the thrifted pink, glittery peace banner I found earlier in the year. I love our snowman light porch.
I love that our house if filled with Christmas Magic.
Here are some pictures of our Beautiful tree . . . more pictures of everything else to come very soon!!
Only a portion of our Christmas Boxes ;)
Casey Jones (aka Bubbas) helping decorate the tree by chewing on a cut off limb . . . it was his favorite toy that night!
Terrapin (aka Baby Boy) loving the tree and watching us decorate it.

1 comments:
Hey Sis, That Xmas tree star looks like a familiar hand-me-down. So glad you are going to pass the Xmas joy onto my grandchildren.
Love you!
Mom
Post a Comment