I love this time of year. Actually that may be an understatement - I absolutely, positively, L.O.V.E this time of year!
It's filled with
colors
creativity
kindness
love
music
traditions
family
It's filled with magic.
Ever since I can remember my parents, especially my father, has made Christmas magical. The entire house is decorated with lights, garland, tinsel, wreaths, bells, Santas and ceramic towns. You walk in to the smell of a fresh Christmas tree and homemade cookies for decorating and eventually for Santa to taste on Christmas Eve. There are the classics playing on the television - Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life. There is a beautiful tree adorned with piles of perfectly wrapped presents. Most importantly, there is always love and family.
I hope my parents realize how special they have made this holiday for me, my siblings, and others they know. I hope they know that because of them Christmas is a wonderful time of year, filled with love, laughter, hopes and dreams. I hope they realize that because of them Christmas is not just a holiday -- it's a magical time of year. I hope they realize how much I appreciate the magic they have instilled in my heart. I hope the know I will carry this magic forever and make sure their grand children understand and appreciate the magic of the season. I hope they understand how much I love them and am thankful for all that they do.
And if they didn't before I'm sure they do now. :)
I love you guys and thank you so much for allowing me to experience magic each and every year!

0 comments:
Post a Comment