All By Myself ... Don't wanna be all be myself ...
Hmmm, who sings that? I think it's Celine, right?
Well anyway onto the post -- Geoff's in Long Beach until Friday which leaves me and the pups alone in our house. Since I don't like being by myself and the pups are very protective (they bark at everything) when, as Geoff puts it, the Alpha Dad is gone - it makes this a not so fun week for me. Normally I would pack a bag and stay with my parents; however, sadly for me but great for them - off they went for a month's vacation in their traveling home.
So I have to be a grownup, yep, there's no other choice. So in light of my grownup status I'm trying to make the most of my alone time. Shopping, reading, crafting, drinks and dinner with friends ... anything to keep my occupied.
Tonight I'm meeting up with my dear friend Jen. Before I headed off to CSUMB she was my favorite. We attended Sierra College together (though we rarely went to classes); we worked on making the Fashion Gal fun, and well, fashionable; she cracked jokes that had me laughing for hours; and whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on or a person to lean on, she was there.
Sadly, my moving over 3 hours away created distance and change. With the distance in travel came a distance in the friendship and we lost touch for several years. However, after graduation (with the help of myspace) I tracked her down, dragged her to lunch, and we ate sushi and talked for hours about everything we missed in each others lives. Though we had changed and grown as individuals it was like a mere moment had passed in our friendship. I know that no matter how often we hang out or how many other closer friends we each have, she is a person that I can call and would be there for me no matter what ... she's a true friend.
Everything changes but it's how you handle it which makes it good or bad.
Love you -- Bad Jen! ;)

2 comments:
Hold up! I went to CSUMB! Do we know each other? I walked May 2006.
Thanks for following AdoredAustin! :0)
Hi!
Not sure how I found your blog....
but just read your post and you have to love good girlfriends. Nothing else like them when you need someone to talk to.
And, Holy, Moly. That is the biggest bag/box of buttons ever. What are you going to do with them?
Alyshia
Post a Comment