Two years ago it was a Saturday and not a dreadful Monday. We were in Monterey and I was buzzing with excitement, anticipation and even a little stress hoping the day would proceed as planned. You were probably calm and collected, as you usually are.

I remember gathering all the wedding related "stuff" and trekking over to the Old Whaling Station to make bouquets, set up a candy buffet and get beautiful ... for you.
I remember getting in my dress and my mom helping me with my veil and, at that moment, having a calm wash over me...

This was the day I had hoped for since I first got to know you and my innocent 15 year old crush began. This was the day we had planned for over a year. This is the day that all of our loved ones traveled far and wide for.
This day was our day and it would be perfect.

I remember feeling a giddy nervousness walking down the isle ... it was such a long walk down the stairs and I was afraid I might trip but my dad held on tight, grabbed my dress, and said "it's time" and I knew I was safe heading towards you - my love, my future.

I remember our readings ... Here, There and Everywhere from you to me ... Push from me to you ... and Bridge Over Troubled Water for us - perfect in every way.
I remember squeezing your hand when I knew that Rams was about to pronounce us husband and wife.

I remember you and me on the beach in Carmel and how you kept telling me how beautiful I was and how I kept stealing your kisses.
I remember this day... our wedding day... the day my life began as a Feusahrens ... perfect in every way.

I've always felt that there are people out in the world that are destined to find each other because for one reason or another they complete our own individual souls and make them complete.
Geoff, you are my other half ... you can make my blood boil, and my head ache but you also make my heart shine and my soul smile... and you are the only one who has that power. I love you with all I have.
~ always yours

0 comments:
Post a Comment