I'm sitting here at work on a formerly furlough Friday to read about the Governor's recent order. Federal minimum wage for all state workers. This equivalates to $1227 before taxes for our monthly salary which is well, well, well below what Geoff and I are used to.
I am stressed.
I am angry.
I am disappointed.
I am super, duper stressed. Did I mention that already??
I know there are loans with low interest rates and, luckily, we have very supportive family and friends but that doesn't really ease the sick feeling I have in my stomach. I hate feeling like a pawn in some stupid political game and I hate that I have no voice or say to what happens to my income.
And then someone posted this on facebook:
I was amazed.
I was inspired.
I was hopeful.
I still am super duper stressed.
But I know that things could be a lot worse for us. We have each other, we have our pups, we have the most amazing support system, we have love, hope, courage and strength.
So from now on I will try to have no worries . . .

0 comments:
Post a Comment