My manager (let's call her A) tells me and my co-workers that our Branch Chief (let's call her V) needs to have an impromptu meeting. This is the conversation that follows:
Co-worker J: Oh god, what's the bad news this time.
Co-worker K: I haven't read anything more about the furloughs so I don't know. A, do you know what this is all about?
Me: (currently busy and feeling frustrated) is it mandatory??
A: I think so and nope I have no clue what's going on.
We walk over to the center isle where we have most of our impromptu meetings, which normally have to do with the Budget (or lack there of), possible layoffs, and/or other not so great news, to hear the need for our impromptu meeting:
V: We need some Friday fun! It's a quarter 'til three and we need to de-stress and move! Does anyone know the electric slide?
Another Manager (will call her C): You bet I do!
C then proceeds to get her radio, turn on music, and begins leading us all in the electric slide in the middle of the office!
I don't really know how great we looked but the laughs and giggles really did help with the stress!! :) Sometimes my job is crazy and stressful but it helps to know that I work with some pretty amazing, quirky, and fun people!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment